Saturday, June 19, 2010

That Kind of Mom

I've become that Mom-the one who dresses her kids alike when she can.  I didn't know if I would be that kind of Mom, but apparently, I am.  It's just too tempting, especially when friends make cute things for them to wear.  I have complex feelings about this because my sister, Jennifer, and I were often dressed alike as children and just as often we were asked if we were twins.  Jennifer and I would then look at each other in exasperation, wondering how anyone could possibly think we were twins since we are two years apart in age, and politely explain that we were not twins.  Now, it has become a sweet memory, one in which Jennifer and I laugh about, and we have even  found ourselves inadvertently dressing alike as adults.  Our daughters, Kate and Scarlett, are repeating history.  People often ask us if they are twins and again Jennifer and I look at each other, this time in surprise, and explain that they are in fact cousins.  As Kate and Matthew get older, I don't think they will be dressed alike too often, but I'm not ruling out the occassional matching or complimentary Christmas outfits!

No comments: