Thursday, June 24, 2010

Father's Day Morning


Father's Day was a great day.  After our traditional celebratory breakfast of heart-shaped blueberry pancakes, Jeff opened his gifts.  After getting some clothes from me and some much needed athletic socks from Matthew, Kate gave him a sweet book called "Dance me, Daddy".  After reading it together (Matthew eventually lost interest), Jeff said to me, "What are you trying to do make me cry?"
We didn't quite make him cry, but we did make him laugh with this certificate.  He received one from each of us and has already used one to watch the amazing game between the US and Algeria on Wednesday.  Good choice, Jeff!  


The fine print says *does not apply to matches played during planned family obligations, but does apply to matches recorded on DVR because of said family obligations, **complete silence in the home is not guaranteed, ***all possible effort shall be made to refrain from waking sleeping babies or frightening children when celebrating or wallowing in sorrow.  I did a pretty good job holding up my end of the bargain, but I did have to take Matthew upstairs during the end of the match because things were getting a little tense downstairs.

No comments: