Thursday, May 27, 2010

Strawberry Patch

One of our favorite things to do in the Spring is to go pick strawberries at a local farm and then make lots of strawberry shortcake and strawberry pies.  We have done this every year since Kate has been born and every year she gets more and more helpful.  Just a side note, yes Kate is wearing Oakley sunglasses and no we did not buy them.  Jeff found them at a soccer field and unable to find the owner, brought them home.  So now, Jeff and Kate have matching sunglasses.  Who knew they made Oakleys for 3 year olds?!  Being curious, we looked up how much they cost- let's just say they are about 4 times more expensive than what I would pay for sunglasses for myself because, unlike Jeff, I don't spend half of everyday in the sun.
Taste testing the produce.
While Kate and Jeff did all the work, Matthew slept and I watched. 
Success!  Kate helped me make some great pies.





No comments: