Thursday, November 13, 2008

Go Heels!


We had a wonderful time this past weekend. Friday afternoon, Kate's friend Jack came calling for a play date. Then on Saturday we took Kate to her first Carolina football game with Grandaddy and Grandma. As a Carolina alum, I love Chapel Hill and all the memories that come with it-let me give a shout out to my Carolina Girls! Along with the beginning of Spring when everything is in bloom, this time of Fall is my favorite time to visit the campus because the trees are so beautiful. My family has been going to UNC football games since I was in middle school and I can almost measure the passage of time by the height of these trees in relation to the Bell Tower. Here we are on the way to the game. Yes, Kate is wearing a UNC cheerleader outfit, much to her father's chagrin.



Grandaddy taught Kate how to say "Go Heels!" while pumping her fist. She gets really excited about it and likes to dance to the fight song.
Studying the game-she's definitely our daughter.
Our Happy Tarheel!

We finished the day with a visit to Jack's house for a "pajama party" play date and Sunday morning I got a phone call from Indonesia (see the next post)! A great weekend with friends and family.

No comments: