Sunday, September 26, 2010

Miss Kate

Our little girl is going to preschool and she loves it.  Seriously, if I pick her up too early, like before they have their afternoon snack or before share time on Friday afternoons, she starts crying.  She is making friends, and we think she has her first crush!  His name is Thomas and we hear about him ALL the time.  I'm in a bit of a panic about it, but Jeff is handling it in a pretty calm manner.  It makes us so proud when her teachers tell us what a great listener she is and how much they enjoy having her in class.
Two other things Kate loves to do is help me in the kitchen and love on Matthew.  Above is a picture of our Labor Day project, Dora cupcakes.  They came out pretty well.  Kate loves to help cook and even helps set the table for dinner and, carefully, helps to clear the table after dinner. 
Kate is an adoring big sister.  She loves Matthew so much and Matthew loves her just as much.  He watches everything she does and is so happy when she talks and plays with him.  Kate loves to feed him, sneak him extra puffs to eat, and help me put him to bed.  Luckily, all three of us can fit into the rocking chair in Matthew's nursery and it is the best part of my day to read stories to both of them and sing songs to Matthew.  I could watch them interact all day, although I do say "be gentle" and "he's just a baby" at least 20 times a day!  Can you tell Jeff and I are proud of her?

No comments: