Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Daddy's Soccer Game

There was a time, not so long ago, when I would attend all of Jeff's soccer games come rain or shine, sweltering weather or freezing temperatures, home matches or those that were hours away.  It didn't matter how stressful the day had been or what was going on the next day, I was always there.  It was great.  I loved supporting him and enjoyed getting to know his players and their families.  However, when Kate came along, I became a little less inclined to go to every game.  Now, the weather has to be good, the start time not too late, and the day not too hectic, but when we go we have lots of fun.  Although I miss being as involved in the soccer aspect of Jeff's life right now, I wouldn't change it for anything.  When we do get a chance to go to a game, seeing Kate (and eventually Matthew) running around, not so patiently waiting until they can run across the field to Dad, is the best.   So we made it to our first game of the spring season this past Friday and had a great time.  Kate ate her Chick-fil-a dinner, cheered for the team, and played soccer; Matthew had a bottle and slept; and I monitored the kids more than I watched the game, but at least we were there!  Here are a few pics... 
This is what Matthew did most of the game.
On the field with Daddy after the game.

Setting up to score a goal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful! Scarlett has that blue polka dot dress as well. It shrunk in the dryer so we now have to wear leggings under them. Love you!
-Jennifer J.