Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Baby Boy Update-1 Week to Go!

I felt I should write something, since by this time next week, we will be loving on our little boy.  Although braxton hicks contractions are in full swing, the doctor says I should make it to the 10th.  No other signs of impending labor-my childen just don't like to come early.  Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers from everyone.  We can't wait to introduce you to the newest member of our family.  Here's the last pre-birthday "update"
How far along? 38 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I've actually leveled off, haven't gained any the last two weeks!
Maternity clothes? yes, although none of my work clothes are very comfortable anymore-I'm so tired of them
Stretch marks? not from this baby
Sleep? I'm lucky if I don't wake up every hour...
Best moment this week: Nursery is almost finished, the two-hour delay we had for school today, looking forward to a fun baby shower coming up, and helping my baby sister find her wedding dress!
Movement: Yes-lots and lots
Food cravings: Chocolate, chocolate, and chocolate.  I've really limited myself to chocolate milk and the occassional chocolate milkshake (at least I'm getting calcium)!
Gender: boy
Name: We have picked a name!  This little guy will be Matthew Bryce Costa.  Matthew means "gift of God" which this baby certainly is and, as most of you know, is taken from my maiden name.  Bryce is Jeff's middle name and means "son of a noble man" and I don't know a more noble man than my hubby.  We can't wait to meet you Matthew.
Belly button in or out? completely flat
What I miss: Not being able to pick up Kate and hold her as long as I want or help her across the monkey bars on her swing set.  I also can't wait to start working out again.
Weekly wisdom: Rest when you can.
Milestones: One week until Delivery Day!
What Kate is saying this week: "Next, I'm having a baby sister."  She is also practicing singing happy birthday and baking cakes for her little brother.

No comments: