Saturday, November 21, 2009

Baby Boy Costa Update-Week 23 (over half way there!)

How far along? 23 1/2 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: not sure I want to say
Maternity clothes? yes-but thanks to my sister, some very cute ones
Stretch marks? not from this baby
Sleep? pretty good, except when UNC has a late basketball game-then I don't get enough
Best moment this week:  this baby is practicing his flips and Jeff had been able to feel the kicks
Movement: Yes, so much so that I actually have had to pause during lectures to my classes because he makes me laugh, my students think its hilarious.  He is much more active than Kate ever was.
Food cravings: pretty much anything that is put in front of me
Gender: boy
Name: no-this will take a while
Belly button in or out? in
What I miss: having a second cup of coffee in the morning
Weekly wisdom: Appreciate your husband!  Jeff has been awesome-doing grocery shopping after soccer practice even when he's been standing in the soaking rain for two hours, giving Kate a bath for me anytime he is home in the evenings, cooking dinner, bringing me juice in the morning and running downstairs to get milk and pumpkin bread for me at nine o'clock at night-I could go on and on.  I don't know what I would do without him.  Thanks sweetheart!
Milestones:  Baby is moving and it feels like he can hear his sister.  When she's talking loudly or laughing he seems to get excited.  
What Kate is saying this week:  Kate is telling everyone that her baby brother's name is Wyatt (after Super Why from the Super Readers-her new favorite show).  I have to keep explaining to everyone that it will probably not be the baby's name even though I told Kate it was a nice name.  She also keeps telling everyone that she is going to share her toys with her brother-we'll see if that holds true.

Here is a picture of my sweet hubby.  This was taken the while Jeff was watching the first Duke basketball game of the season with Kate snuggled next to him reading many, many books out loud and Kate's favorite doll, baby Gail, wrapped up "sleeping" on top of him.  If you know us, you know we are a bit basketball crazy, and Jeff is very dedicated to watching every Duke game.  Notice how he is patiently trying to concentrate.  He's come a long way...


2 comments:

Lesli said...

I love it!!! That's a good daddy! I especially like the baby doll on his chest...Ashley has it coming. Karis already thinks he's the greatest thing in the world:)

Stephen and Kelly said...

I love you, girl. You know I do. And I'd love to see more of you. That's all I'm going to say :)