Saturday, April 26, 2008

Minneapolis, Minnesota


I went to Minneapolis for four days last week for an International Baccalaureate conference to learn about changes in the curriculum to a course I teach for the programme (that's how IB people spell program-it's all very British). Much to my surprise, Minneapolis is a wonderful city-we went to the Mall of America-yes, I rode a few roller coasters-, a Twins game, ate at a wonderful Brazilian Restaurant in the theatre district (once again-how IB people spell theater), and saw the Mississippi River for the first time in my life. The city has these skywalks that connect the entire downtown area, so you never have to go outside until you get to your destination. I had a great time even though I missed Jeff and Kate terribly, but we all survived. I brought Kate back a Moose puppet-we named her Minnie.

No comments: