Saturday, October 03, 2009

Baby Update-Week 16

I'm borrowing this idea from a friend who is also pregnant, thanks Christy, who borrowed it from a friend of a friend.  I've made a few of my own modifications, but all my girlfriends out there who are also pregnant-feel free to use this too!

How far along? 16 1/2 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: not sure, probably about 10 pounds
Maternity clothes? sometimes, it's still mix and match, but a full maternity wardrobe is fast approaching!
Stretch marks? not from this baby
Sleep? I'm up a lot at night between the backaches and bathroom breaks-already using a body pillow
Best moment this week:  finally, not feeling exhausted all the time
Movement: not sure, hard to tell
Food cravings: anything salty-especially french fries
Gender: we'll find out on Tuesday
Name: no-this will take a while
Belly button in or out? in
What I miss: getting a full night of sleep
Weekly wisdom: Eat iron rich foods, even though some of the foods on the list are not very appetizing.  I've been anemic most of this pregnancy (that didn't happen until much later with Kate) and, until recently, it has certainly affected my energy level.
Milestones:  We're into the 2nd trimester-energy level is up.
What Kate is saying this week:  "Don't squish my little baby sister or brother!"  (this is when Jeff hugs me or when other little kids climb on me-except, of course, when Kate is the one climbing on me)

2 comments:

Patrick and Alex said...

Hey guys! Congratulations! Thanks for the updates, we haven't heard from you so thought I would check out the blog! So boy or girl?!
Hope to hear from you soon!
Love, Alex

Ana Aparicio said...

Hey! I finally find your blog! Congratulations!!! I´m very happy to hear it´s a boy!! I´m having a boy too!!! I´m in week 16! We´re planning to go to HEather´s wedding, and finally meet again after all this time. I´m borrowing too your friend idea. I´m feeling with a lot of energy and I hate too the waking ups at night to go to the bathroom lol.