Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Happy Labor Day

Hope everyone enjoyed their Labor Day Weekend. Jeff and I mostly did a lot of labor-cleaning out closets and fixing up Kate's room. But we did get a chance to visit with Nana and Tom. Jeff's mom and I went to see Julie and Julia-pretty good movie-makes you want to get in the kitchen and cook new recipes. I tend to stick to my tried and true dishes. We did have one slight injury. Kate dropped a wooden bowl on her big toe. She insisted I take a picture of it (I think under Daddy's influence), so here it is below. Isn't it lovely? It seems to be healing just fine.  I just hope the toenail doesn't come off because that will not be a fun day!
Just to prove that Kate is fine to you worriers out there...here she is playing outside while Jeff worked in the yard on Monday.  We have just discovered moon sand-great stuff.  It is a little easier than play-do for Kate to use and great to entertain her at soccer games.  Therefore I don't hear, "Can I go see Daddy, now?" every two minutes while at Jeff's games.  I just hope she doesn't one day turn around and start running across the field and get knocked over by some 16 year old kid wearing cleats!
Yes, I know she is wearing a Duke shirt-I can't help that she was born into a mixed family.  Don't panic, her first love has always been the Tarheels (as seen below!).  After all, Carolina did beat Duke in a friendly basketball game the night she was born.

Kate also had a tea party with Jack wearing her first "tea party" dress.  It's actually a sleeping beauty dress she picked out.  She loves it.  It is not an easy task to get her out of it once its on!  Jack and Kate are eating cookies Kate made with Ms. Gail (the sweet lady who keeps her for us during the day).  Jack is holding up his headless duck, while Kate has a munched on pink pig-she had to match her pink dress!

                                    

1 comment:

Stephen and Kelly said...

Sam has a finger nail that looks a whole lot like poor Kate's big toe...ouch! Sam's boo boo is all my fault, though, which makes it even worse!!! I didn't notice that his hand was in the door frame and tried to shut the door. Poor guy!
Anyway, just wanted to say THANK YOU for updating the blog. Love you girl!